Dundee Science Centre facilities and displays have been designed with ease of disability access in mind. We have worked closely with an assisted needs advisory panel to make our centre as accessible as possible.
It is important to us that all visitors feel welcome. Our friendly team are always on hand to provide assistance and to offer support for the varying needs of all visitors. If you, or a member of your group has a disability, below is some general information to help you plan and prepare for your visit.
You can also read our Familiarization Guide.
- Dundee Science Centre is a level access science museum.
- Through our co-design journey we’ve created new accessible facilities including our Changing Places toilet, Sensory Zone, Sensory Garden and outdoor space for Café Create!
- Dundee Science Centre has reduced its visitor numbers during timed sessions to support social distancing. In between sessions the centre undergoes a deep clean.
- The council car park outside of Dundee Science Centre is free for blue badge holders and there are a number of disabled parking spaces.
- Dundee Science Centre is located in the city centre of Dundee so there is lots of public transport nearby.
- The entrance to Dundee Science Centre has automated doors with a button to open.
- Our reception area and exhibits have been designed with wheelchair users in mind.
- Carers are able to visit the Science Centre but we ask that they bring some form of documentation to show that they are a carer
- Our Café offers Dedicated Seating for Wheelchair Users.
Advocating Together (Dundee) SCIO, an independent advocacy and capacity building organisation which benefits people with learning disabilities and or autism and or complex communication needs were some of the first people to preview the new facilities.
Gillian Kelly, Advocacy Worker shared their thoughts,
"The group really enjoyed their visit to the Dundee Science Centre, and it was great to see what they had done to make the attraction accessible and so welcoming for people, including the individuals we support."
You can find more information about the accessibility features available at Dundee Science Centre through our AccessAble Guide.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.