This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published will take precedence at all times.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions and services provided by Dundee Science Centre.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our services and products and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including e-mail address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Web site usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
- To track the effectiveness of our digital radio campaigns, we may utilize an audio tracking pixel. This pixel collects audio usage data related to your interactions with our digital radio advertisements.
How We Use This Data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details to our organisation, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Write to us at: 14 Greenmarket, Dundee, DD1 4QB, UK.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Links From Our Web Site
Our web site may contain links to other web sites.
Please note that we have no control of web sites outside the Dundee Science Centre domain. If you provide information to a web site to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to web sites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer or mobile device. It allows a web site to remember your preferences and settings when using the site. When you visit our web site the servers reads your cookie file to understand your individual preferences and settings (this is the only server that can access the cookie information). Each cookie is unique to your web browser.
Why are cookies essential?
Cookies are vital for certain functionality to operate correctly on this site. From keeping you logged in during your visit to stopping you from having to re-enter information into forms, cookies are a crucial way to deliver a smooth browsing experience.
We also use analytics cookies to measure the performance of the web site by collecting information about how many visitors we have and how they use the web site.
What happens if I turn them off?
If you turn cookies off some features of this web site may not work correctly. Additionally, we may not be able to track the performance and usage of this web site accurately to ensure best service for you in the future.
How to turn them off?
If you feel that cookies are too intrusive, most modern web browsers allow you to delete cookies when you close the browser, disable cookies from third parties and block cookies altogether. Go to your browser settings/preferences and you will be able to update these settings under the privacy tab.
Opt out of Google Analytics
Google provides a browser add-on that allows you to opt out of Google Analytics.
You can find out more about cookies at the following web sites:
ico.org.uk – Information Commissioner’s Office
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie – More technical information
You may also be interested in our privacy statement.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.