**Please note this event is for schools only**
Join the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh for a fun, interactive session exploring the tropical rainforest. You’ll discover some of our favourite rainforest plants – and their adaptations to their environments – and explore why these plants and ecosystems are so important to us and the planet. Join us to discover how climate change is affecting the rainforests and what actions we can all take to become rainforest protectors! This is an exciting chance to get a virtual ‘behind the scenes’ look at our glasshouses while they are closed for the refurbishment as part of the Edinburgh Biomes project!
Run time: 45 minutes
Bookings close at 5:00pm on Friday 09th Feb
Age/stage: P4-7 or Second Level
- Ability to access Microsoft Teams meetings and display on a smartboard or projector
- Ability to play sound over this system
- I can identify and classify examples of living things, past and present, to help me appreciate their diversity. I can relate physical and behavioural characteristics to their survival or extinction. SCN 2-01a
- I can discuss the environmental impact of human activity and suggest ways in which we can live in a more environmentally- responsible way. SOC 2-08a
- I can show my understanding of what I listen to or watch by responding to literal, inferential, evaluative and other types of questions, and by asking different kinds of questions of my own. LIT 2-07a
How to book
To book, please complete our Booking request form: Dundee Science Festival Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh workshop request form (office.com)
Bookings for the live online session close at 5:00pm on Friday 09th February.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the RBGE Education office at firstname.lastname@example.org
These workshops are brought to you thanks to National Lottery players.