Dundee Science Centre opening will be opened from the 14 November 2020 for weekend visits only.
We hope the visiting information below will give you some insight of what to expect when visiting Dundee Science Centre and allow you to visit us with confidence. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team if you have any questions.
Pre-booking and purchase of tickets to Dundee Science Centre is required for your visit. In order to manage the number of visitors in the centre for physical distancing, timed entry will be necessary and we are asking that our visitors book a specific visiting time.
There are limited tickets available as we will be welcoming fewer visitors than normal. Once your ticket has been purchased, you will have to complete Track & Trace online form prior to your visit. If you are feeling unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home, you can contact us at email@example.com to let us know that you will be unable to attend.
Can I pay at reception?
Would I be able to cancel?
How busy will it be?
Are you doing Track and Trace?
How will Dundee Science Centre stay ventilated?
Do I have to wear a face mask?
Yes, all visitors are required to wear a face covering during their visit unless they are children aged under 5 years or are exempt for health reasons.
We are a hidden disability friendly premises, if you have a condition that prevents you from wearing a face mask, you can wear a sunflower scheme lanyard, we will have lanyards and badges available at reception.
Will social distancing be in place?
Yes, we ask that our visitor keep a safe distance from other visitors (we recommend a 2m distance). We have significantly reduced the number of people who can visit us on any given day and we will be operating a time entry to keep the visitor numbers low within the centre. There will be signage on the floors, walls and screens to remind our visitors to socially distance in the centre.
What can I expect from my timed ticket?
Your 2 hour ticket will include:
- 30 minutes in our we are Inventing exhibition
- 30 minutes in Medical Marvels exhibition
- 30 minutes Makers Lab Activity
- 30 minutes in our Café Create Coffee shop – a selection of delicious, sweet treats are available to enjoy with our hot drinks selection
Will there be a one-way system?
Yes, we are using a timed entry system and are operating a one-way system through the centre to ensure that visitors can still see everything but also to avoid the risk of coming into contact with more people than necessary. Please follow the signs on the floor to guide your through the centre. The exit point will be through our coffee shop door and visitors will not be able to go back through the centre once completing their visit.
If there any questions, our staff members will be in uniform and will be able to help you should you require anything from within the centre.
Which exhibits are closed?
Part of our centre will still be in construction for our CONNECT project and majority of the Ground Floor exhibition will be sealed off while new exhibitions are being constructed during the week. We hope that the wait will be worth it!Our Medical Marvels exhibition on the 1st floor will be open for our visitors to explore, there is a one way system through the exhibition that visitors will have to adhere to, this ensures that everyone will have a chance to see everything whilst distancing. Please use the wipes and help us wipe down the exhibits once you have finished using them.
Are the toilets open?
Yes, the toilets will be opened for our visitors to use. This will be regularly cleaned throughout the day.
Is the coffee shop opened?
Yes, we are proud to be showing you our brand new space and our new Café Create, we will be operating a limited Light Bite menu with coffee and cake available only for the time being. There will also be online deals you can purchase from our website prior to your visit.
Is the gift shop opened?
No, the gift shop will not be opened at this time, however there will be a small selection of gifts at the till point.
Our new safety measures include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Extensive and regular cleaning across the centre, including exhibits and toilets during opening times. Extra attention to high touch-points such as handrails, escalators, lift buttons and all hard surfaces.
- All staff and visitors (excluding those under 5 years old) will be required to wear a face mask unless exempt from doing so.
- Hand sanitising stations are available throughout the centre for use by everyone.
- Social distancing must be adhered to (1 m in Coffee shop, 2m in all other areas.) Socially distanced floor markers are in place in queuing areas.
- Screens have been installed at all till points.
- All transactions are either in advance or by card (ideally contactless).
- Sanitising wipes and signage around exhibits for visitors to wipe down after use.
- Visitor numbers are significantly reduced to support social distancing.
- We are operating a zero-tolerance policy to anyone who does not adhere to social distancing guidelines in place.
- Signage in place throughout the building to help guide you and maintain social distancing.
We are carrying out deep cleans and sanitising surfaces ahead of reopening. Our team will be cleaning the centre daily and in-between visits. Our timed entry system will enable us to clean the exhibits before the next set of visitors arrive. Our toilets and coffee shop area will also be routinely cleaned throughout the day.
If you have any concerns during your visit, please don’t hesitate to ask a member of the team.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or drop us a message on social media.