The health and wellbeing of our visitors are extremely important to us and remains our top priority. We are closely monitoring and following advice from the government as the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) develops. We want to keep you updated on the actions we are taking to ensure the safety of our visitors, our staff members and the wider community. While our centre currently remains closed, we are working hard to make sure we can re-open our centre safely for weekend visits later this year.
Dundee Science Centre will be re-opening on 14th November 2020 for weekend visits. We are excited to welcome you back to see some of our new exhibits and to take part in our Dundee Science Festival.
What Are We Doing?
Our team are working hard to ensure that all the required measures are in place to keep both our staff and our visitors safe at all times while exploring our exhibitions. There will be lots of changes in place, the information provided below is just some of the things you can expect, please head to our Visit tab to find out more about more about visiting information.
- We will require you to pre-book and purchase your ticket online on our web site, where you will be able to pick a time slot. This is so we can manage our visitor numbers in the centre at any given time.
- Please ensure that you complete the Track & Trace contact information.
- There will be a limited visitor capacity to allow for physical distancing within the centre.
- Face Coverings: For your safety and our team and visitor's safety we ask that you wear a face covering when visiting Dundee Science Centre. We are a Hidden Disability friendly premise and will have lanyards available in reception should you require one.
- Social Distancing: Please keep a safe distance from other visitors, there will be signs around the centre to encourage social distancing.
- One-Way: You will notice arrow signs on the floor, our centre will be operating timed entry and a one-way system to help with numbers and to limit the amount of people you will come in contact with, please follow the signs on the ground. Our friendly team members will be on hand if you have any questions.
- We will be thoroughly cleaning the centre before your visit but our team members will be regularly cleaning the exhibition areas and the centre including handrails, hard surfaces, toilet facilities and table tops throughout the day too.
- Most of our exhibits are hands-on and interactive, we kindly ask that you wipe down the exhibits are using them for the next visitors. We will have sanitising wipes nearby.
- There will be hand sanitising stations around the centre for everybody's use.
While we have been closed, we've been working on new Galleries on the Ground Floor and we are hoping that it will be worth the wait when you see our interactive exhibits. You will be able to see some of these when we re-open in the Autumn and the rest will be ready next year.
Please head over to our Visiting Guidelines for a full list of information you might find helpful. We are very excited to welcome you back to our centre and look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you for your continued support.
For Further Information
UK Government: COVID 19 Tourism and Hospitality Guidance.