Dundee Science Centre is calling for organisations/individuals to be part of Fife Science Festival 2017 running from Wednesday 17 May – Saturday 10 June.
Managed and delivered by Dundee Science Centre, last year’s Fife Science Festival reached 3683 people, 97% of which where local to Fife. Building on from this success, Fife Science Festival 2017 will provide free, accessible and engaging science experiences in order to reduce barriers to participation for local audiences.
The festival will be held in two areas and we are looking for organisations to be part of the following events:
Cowdenbeath (25 May – 28 May)
- A primary schools event – short taster workshops (Thursday 25 May)
- A secondary schools event – emphasis on careers inspiration (Friday 26 May)
- A drop-in family event – showing careers that use science (Saturday 27 May)
- A drop-in family event – any theme welcome (Sunday 28 May)
Glenrothes (1 June – 4 June)
- A primary schools event – short taster workshops (Thursday 1 June)
- A secondary schools event – emphasis on careers inspiration (Friday 2 June)
- A drop-in family event – showing careers that use science (Saturday 3 June)
- A drop-in family event – any theme welcome (Sunday 4 June)
We are also looking for experts to be part of our ‘Meet the Expert’ event at Dundee Science Centre on Saturday 10 June, themed around ‘People Who Help Us’ (such as Police Officers and Health Professionals) as the final festival event.
Please be advised that for the primary and secondary school days the festivals team will timetable in groups of 15-20 pupils to attend 30 minute sessions throughout the day, with a particular focus on careers inspiration for the secondary schools. So if you wish to take part in these days we would be looking for activities to be delivered in this setting.
If you are interested and would like further information please feel free to contact Paul Strachan (Festivals and Community Engagement Officer) at
If you want to propose an activity send the following details by 5pm on Monday 27 February:
Name of individual/organisation
Brief description of the activity
Preferred date and location