To watch on youtube, please click here.
The Project Overview
Dundee Science Centre has embarked upon an exciting and ambitious £1.8 million project that will deliver a new science learning facility and a new interactive exhibition showcasing Dundee’s pioneering work in medical technology.
Dundee Science Centre is proud to be a hub and community resource for lifelong learning and engagement with science for all. We believe that the best science centres are not visitor attractions; instead, they are uniquely placed to link scientists and researchers with the public community and those in formal education.
Each year, we engage over 100,000 people through in-centre exhibition visits, outreach activity, science festivals and our Science Learning Institute programme for professional learning.
Our innovative capital project will result in inter-professional collaboration between scientists, clinicians and education experts, to deliver pioneering science learning experiences for all ages of our public and formal learning communities.
The upper level of the science centre will be transformed into an exciting and immersive space that combines a new exhibition with demonstrations, ‘meet-the-expert’ opportunities and hands-on activities, together with professional development for trainee and practicing scientists and educationalists.
The new spaces will house:
- A new exhibition focused on technological developments that assist and improve surgery and medicine
- As part of the new exhibition, a medical theatre for minimal access surgery, dissection, endoscopic and laparoscopic exhibits, and live links to Ninewells Hospital for meet-the-expert events.
- A state-of-the-art 80 seat lecture theatre
- 20 and 30 seat learning zones
- Drop-in areas for informal learning and one-to-one coaching and mentoring